Production Worker (Brewer)
- Perform all tasks necessary for brewing operations, cellar operations, packaging operations, laboratory operations, and shipping/receiving on a daily basis.
- Reports to Head Brewer for direction/focus of objectives
- (10-50%) Packaging tasks: proper mechanical operation of keg and can machines, supplying keg and can machines with materials necessary for machine production, quality checks including beer turbidity, oxygen content, can lid seam checks, diagnosing and remedying machine stoppages, etc.
- (10-25%) Brewing tasks: all tasks necessary to produce wort to recipe specifics including adding ingredients, executing all brewhouse operations, pitching yeast, hot liquor management, data entry, coordination with other production staff, etc.
- (10-25%) Cellar tasks: all wort and beer handling operations including centrifuge operation, fermenter/bright tank CIP/sanitation, yeast harvest, dry hopping, etc.
- (10-25%) Shipping/receiving tasks: Loading/unloading trucks, cold room organization, coordination with management and packaging staff, other production storage organization and rotation, etc.
- (0-20%) Laboratory tasks: wort cell count, sensory sample preparation, VDK measurement via distillation and spectrophotometer operation, yeast density measurement via centrifuge, etc.
- All other production related tasks as necessary.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Works well with others in a team environment as well as independently
- Creativity with task execution and direction
- Demonstrate understanding of process with ability to perform appropriately in non-standard scenarios
- Good problem solving, mechanically and strategically
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs repeatedly throughout 10 hour shift
Rate of Pay:
Timeline of Availability:
Georgetown Brewing Company strives to seek out applicants with diverse voices, backgrounds and talents. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.